Subtitle

Written by Kelly Herbst, Astronomy Curator for the Virginia Living Museum. Updated every two weeks, more or less.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembrance

Greetings, friends.

Forgive me, but today, as a native New Yorker, I find it difficult to write a substantive post.  So I shall share with you instead two photographs.

This is how I will always remember the World Trade Center:

The World Trade Center on March 1, 2001.  Courtesy Wikipedia.
And this is our home.  The only one we have.  Here's hoping we can find a way to live in it together.

The Earth as photographed by the astronauts of Apollo 17.  Courtesy NASA.
If you are in the area, please do come join us at the Virginia Living Museum this Saturday for our monthly Star Party and Laser Light Night.  We're hoping for fine weather so we can really enjoy the sky.

Until next time,
Carpe Noctem,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are welcome! Please post here, but realize it may be two weeks or more before you see a response. To contact me faster, email me at kelly.herbst@thevlm.org.